Monday, November 6, 2017

Little Orbit team with Descendent Studios to bring you Descent: Underground in 2018

 

There are certain games I remember well from my youth. These are games that I associate with various stages of my college and university years and ones that hold very special memories for me. Then there are other games that, although I don’t have the same fondness for, I can still recall being important to me for one reason or another. One of these games was Descent. This was one of those titles that a lot of my friends were playing and one that I remember being groundbreaking for a number of reasons at the time. It wasn’t necessarily a game, however, that I threw myself into with the same amount of vigor that they did. I think this is probably because I remember Descent being really bloody hard and although I love a challenge I’ve never been one for out and out difficult games (don’t get me started on virtually anything released by From Software). What has any of this got to do with anything? Well, Descent Underground will be coming to console and your usual PC variants next year and I think I may well fancy another go at the series to see if I’ve suddenly grown the ability with age to stand a cat in hell’s chance.

Little Orbit have announced that they are partnering with Descendent Studios to bring us Descent: Underground. This will be a reboot of the classic full-freedom shooter Descent and as mentioned will be seeing release in 2018.

We’re proud to help give the Descent series the full, modern AAA rebirth it deserves,” said Matthew Scott, CEO of Little Orbit. “Descendent had the experience, the vision, and the drive. Now with our help they have the support to take Descent: Underground out of this world!

In order to get the game to you quicker, Descendent will be continuing their development of the game while Little Orbit provide completion funding, additional resources, marketing and distribution. Descendent recently delisted this title from early access on Steam and other sites. Little Orbit have confirmed that players who purchase Descent: Underground in early access will receive the finished game upon release. Players interested in staying up to date with the development process can follow the game on www.BrightLocker.com.

Little Orbit is helping us to enrich players’ experience in Descent: Underground with a larger storyline campaign, excellent art, and deeper metagame.” Said Eric Peterson, Descendent’s CEO. “With Little Orbit on board, we’re progressing faster towards delivering the amazing modern rebirth that Descent deserves!

So to give you a quick idea what the game is actually about … Descent: Underground combines first-person shooter action with six-degrees-of-freedom vehicular movement. You’ll take on the role of a celebrity pilot where you’ll command combat spacecraft in high-stakes battles for control of warren-like asteroid mines. If you want a bit of further info (and why shouldn’t you), you can always take a look at Descendent’s website at http://ift.tt/1QBzUAo.

If you’re in the mood for something fast, frantic and actually a bit claustrophobic, this is a great series. As I mentioned at the beginning it was never really my scene for purely taste based reasons but I’m definitely interested enough to give the game another whirl. If you’re in a retro mood and fancy playing the original, it’s bound to be out there too. Why not take a look?

The post Little Orbit team with Descendent Studios to bring you Descent: Underground in 2018 appeared first on That VideoGame Blog.



from That VideoGame Blog http://ift.tt/2zk67X6

No comments:

Post a Comment